3 Simple Ways to Stay Motivated
Finding a way towards motivation with your “why”, milestones and positivity!
Everyone has a goal they are trying to achieve. Whether you are trying to build a business, write a book or perhaps stay on top of your blog, the journey towards the goal can sometimes get a bit rocky. Setbacks may happen that cause you to reevaluate your end goal and your strategy to get there. Whatever happens, you can be sure that there will be one certain measure that makes all the difference:
Motivation is the driving force behind your actions. Motivation wakes you up in the morning. It causes you to type that last page, upload that last post and email that last client on your list. If you find yourself dwindling in the motivation department, it is time to turn it around. After all, your goals need your undivided attention!
Here are three amazing and simple ways to stay motivation that you can start TODAY!
Find Your “Why”
Why are you doing what you’re doing? What makes your blog so powerful? What makes you want to write that book? The answers to these questions are the reasoning behind your motivation. If you don’t take the time to understand your “whys”, your motivation will simply cease to exist.
- Take time out of each morning before you begin your day to remember your “why”.
- Write down your “why” and post it on your work station where you can see it always.
- Be creative and write a blog about your “why” a small eBook about your “why” or maybe even create a vision board or an art project around it. Whatever it takes to inspire you!
Pat Yourself on the Back
In your current place, you may be on the journey to success but not quite there. However, each new day is full of smaller successes that you learn to celebrate. Perhaps you have just finished the 100th page in your book. This is an amazing milestone that deserves those new shoes!
- Make a list of milestones you want to achieve and what will happen when you reach each of them. Keep this close by and check it off often. Reward yourself with each milestone. It doesn’t have to be a big thing…even ice cream does the trick!
- Keep a journal of your success. As a result, you will be able to see the amazing things you have done to get where you are. You can also look back often to see what you have accomplished.
- Always remember your end goal and what amazing success you will have once you achieve it. Reward yourself in the end with something that is special to you. Perhaps you can take a much needed vacation, or buy that new laptop for your future projects.
Throughout the journey to the end, you will come across some negative emotions, perhaps even from others. However, you MUST remember to stay positive! Positivity begins from the inside and will shine on the outside.
Remember to try and control the things you can and let go of the things you can’t. Try not to think about what could happen against you and instead remember the success you can and WILL achieve.
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” Philippians 4:8
You have a calling inside of you that you that you are destined to achieve. Remind yourself of this daily. In those moments of fear, distress or negativity, remember that we were not created with a spirit of fear but of peace and a sound mind.
You were created for motivation and success.
I’ve made some simple and great exercises for you in this downloadable worksheet. Download the exercises so we can support you on your motivation journey!!
You were created uniquely for your specific destiny!
What keeps you motivated? Do you have any great tips? Let us know!